The East Coast Conference is a movement of God, organized in 1889 by an immigrant people with a spiritual heritage as Mission Friends. Now a multi-cultural communion of Evangelical Covenant congregations, we are gathered by God, united in Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to obey the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
The conference is called to carry out our mission to the peoples in twelve east coast states and the District of Columbia: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, eastern New York, New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia.
Believing we are a movement of God, the mission of the Conference is to:
- Multiply congregations, by planting new missional churches
- Orchestrate ministries, by connecting district churches for shared ministry & mission
- Vitalize congregations, by coaching pastors and church leaders to embrace renewal
- Empower leaders, by building a culture of trustworthy Christian leadership
What will this look like by 2020?
- 100+ vital congregations growing deeper in Christ and further in mission
- Dozens of new churches planted and growing in every state and the District of Columbia
- 5,000 new followers of Jesus being discipled and serving Christ in our churches
- Our churches doubling the number of people they now serve outside their congregation
- A new generation of believers raised up who embody the love, grace and justice of Jesus
- Growing ethnic and cultural diversity and inclusion within and among our churches
- Churches and districts partnering in local ministries and global mission
- Regionally expanded Christian camping and spiritual retreat ministries